Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Glenn!

Merry Christmas Glenn!


It finally dawned on me why you seemed melancholy this morning especially on Christmas Eve. For years we would close the store on Christmas eve together, after about 3pm that's when the fun would start. The last little gift that customer was looking for, the stuff we could sell ,merchandise that hadn't sold all year but in those 3 short hours we could sell all we had. And the customers, all I can say is "funny times". Those days are gone but we still have Christmas Eve together, so you:


Better Not Pout! You Better Not Cry! Because Santa Claus it Coming To Town Tonight!


I still get the joy of being in a store on Christmas eve and I still volunteer to close, but I have to say the times Glenn and I closed will always be with me as some of the funniest times I will remember.


So if you are one of those people who are shopping after 3pm today, you can bet the Sales Person is going to help you with your purchases so make sure you remember to tell them Merry Christmas and Thank you!

2 comments:

ashtekk said...

Hi Baby Jo,

You are the best! I really enjoyed all those years that we closed the store on Christmas eve. It was our holiday tradition as good friends.

See you tonight, I love you!

Hazelrah said...

Thank you for the Christmas presents! They were lovely and fun. :]

I haven't read The Host yet. I tried starting it but my mind must have been elsewhere, because I couldn't get into it.

I'm not sure what The Compass is.. I tried goggling it but nothing came up. Do you mean The Golden Compass? If so, hands down one of the most magical books ever created. The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass. William Parry (who comes from the second book) is my favorite character in fiction history! The books take some imagination; they're not as easy to read as the Twilight series, but a MUST nonetheless. I think you'd enjoy them. I hope that's the book you're thinking of!

And Merry Christmas to you and the family! We're still getting snowed on!