Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sparks Lake / Vacation Chapter III

Cold Water + Rafts + bugs singing in the night+ helicopters + fire fighters + Conversations with friends + mountains in the back ground = SPARKS LAKE!





Cold Water!

Smoke Jumpers landing their helicopter at Sparks Lake, while fighting a fire south of Bend. What an amazing task to watch, the helicopter also used their water bucket which we watch them fill out of Sparks Lake. Great entertainment!



Libby enjoying the evening sunset! The Jerkins Family Dog.

Paul making a proud hand jester to one of the Sisters Mountain and the rest of us not really paying any attention to him.




37 miles from home on Century Drive and you can camp at one of the most wonderful places, well that is if you like to raft in the lake, hear nothing at night except for the multiple calls from bugs, frogs, birds and what ever else you can identify. I woke up at about 3am and I wanted to call out for everything around me to be quite then I realized I was in their home land and who was I to ask them to quit singing their night time symphony.







There are no rafting photos because we did not want to get our cameras wet so next time we go I am going to buy a throw away water proof camera to capture the scenes from this adventure. If only I could show you Lisa's head bobbing up and down while she is in her raft paddling down one of the channels that flows into Sparks Lake. She looked like one of those carnival games when you hit the head when it pops up I still am laughing just writing about it. As for me I was in a raft with Glenn and by the end of our trip they were calling me Cleopatra, whats with that???

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a wonderful time, singing frogs and all. Sparks would be another fun weekend trip so we don't have to wait until next year!! We'll bring the rafts again, maybe this time I'll bring a 3 person and Paul can do the rowing!!

ashtekk said...

hi baby,

what a beautiful way to summarize our night at sparks lake... not so sure about the likeness of paul though, you make it look colder than it was:)

ashtekk said...

hi baby

we could put our cameras in ziplpck bags to keep them from getting wet. this would save the expense (not cheap just frugal) and let us use digital technology:)

Betty said...

Pyrat -- yes a weekend trip would be easy to sparks, even if I worked on sat. and came up after work then take sunday off. Dinner could be ready when I get there, haha, does that sound like a plan? oh yeah, when?

Ashtekk -- yes we could use a zip lock bag, but would that be as fun? can't you buy disposable digital water camera's?

bunbun said...

that is a great idea betty, going after work. We do that a lot, in fact we are doing that tomorrow. I don't care how short our camping trips are, as long as I can get away, it does a lot of good for me.

and what a cool idea with the ziplock bag!!! casey makes me wear a wrist strap (from a wiimote) because he is scared I am going to drop my camera in the stream, i don't blame him, because that I could end up doing that!!!!

you guys look so happy and rested!!! it is lovely to observe in photos!