Friday, July 18, 2008

Wild Flowers Chapter IV

During our camping trip to the Ochoco Mountains we were able to enjoy the wild flowers. One has to remember with wild flowers their life span could possibly be just one day to maybe even just hours so while I was there I tried to enjoy all I saw. Next time I will be taking a wild flower book so I can identify them. These photos are just a snapshot of what I got to see in real life but the photos are still enjoyable to look at. Wild mountain rose bloomed the day we left, hundreds of buds still waiting to bloom when I took this photo.
Morning Glory likes to be cradled in the rocks, they have a hint of pink on the outer edges of the petals, you can hardly see it in the photo.
This blue flower is small and weed/sagebrush like. As you can see they also like rocks and they were in the gravel all over the mountain roads.

This is a field of pink blossoms, they were everywhere, covering as much dirt as they could. You have to wonder how in the world do they make it without water, I probably asked my camping partner 100 times that same question, she would just shake her head and wonder also. I got her into taking as many photos as I did, I hope she enjoys them as much as I do.
Oh My Gosh! Daisy's and Grass what a great combo. Seeing this sight made you want to run through it just like in the movies. BREATH TAKING!
Yellow Daisy's and red dirt what a great contrast.
*Indian paint brush*

That is all that needs to be said about this flower :)



It is hard to not take the time you spend somewhere for granted. I thought about these flowers alot last night when I got home from work, I then realized I wanted "wild flowers" to be the next chapter of my vacation. Here is why, a Lady I work with says to me "I can't wait for Saturday", I knew she had it off so I asked her what she was doing? She tells me that she is going on a Guided wild flower hike in the Ochoco Mountain Range for 6 hours. I thought to myself I just spent 5 days there and there is someone out there that gives guided trips to talk and look at the wild flowers for a job, WOW, I told her I just spent 5 days up there and she was really excited to talk about it some more but we got busy and that is where the conversation ended. When we left the store I told her to stop by the Ranger Station and get a brochure on the different kinds of wild flowers and by all means don't forget your camera. I guess I can consider myself lucky to have spent the time I did in this most incredible area of the State of Oregon!



next chapter: Our Family JEEPS!









5 comments:

bunbun said...

I have really enjoyed reading about your vacation. I love wildflowers as well, esp daisies. Looks like every moment of your vacation was well spent!!!!

I really like the photo of the the daisy wildflower field, how beautiful!!!! I am excited to see what is blooming this weekend at our little spot.

Talk to you soon and I look forward to reading about the Ashfords and their Jeeps!!!! Isn't it great how a blog can make a vacation last longer in your memory. I look back at my Seattle trip posts and our trip to Bend in March and realize that I probably would have forgot alot of it if it werent for blogging.

whiskey jack said...

dear juniper berry,
i think i enjoy the floura and fauna as much as the next guy but your comments made me think that i need to slow down and contemplate a little. thanks for my latest paradigm shift.
yours truly, whiskey jack
p.s. who's that grandpa-looking-guy with his arms around you in some of the photos????

Betty said...

Holly - I am on a "daisy kick", I have them planted everywhere, the nice thing about them is they will be back next year and the year after that I like that.

Hey Gray Jay or I mean whiskey jack thats my husband you are talking about..Nice to see you visited my post, I hope you enjoy it. Juniper Berry aka BJ

Lisa said...

I knew the photo of the white flowers and log in the middle would be my favorite pic and it is! You should ask the lady you work with to get you a brochure at the ranger station since it was closed when we stopped. That guided tour sounds like fun, we should look into it!!

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Indian paint brushes are one of my favorite flowers. If I ever got a tattoo that's one of the things I'd think about getting. Seriously!