Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mr. Magorium's WONDER EMPORIUM

You know when you have this movie sitting around the house and you just don't seem to be interested in watching it but there is something about it sitting there that makes you have to sit down and watch it. Well that is how I felt about this movie, Mr. Magorium's WONDER EMPORIUM. The movie is about a 243 year old toy shop owner (Dustin Hoffman) his health is failing mainly because his favorite shoes are wearing out, you will have to watch the movie, he wants to turn over his magical toy store to a quiet, depressed manager, but since the store reflects the energy of those who work it, Molly has to lift her spirits and help the store recapture its magic, taken from Netfilx, I thought it was so well put so I copied it, I only wish I could have seen this movie when I was in my past position as SGM, but that is a whole other topic, that I don't like to talk about. ANYWAY if you feel you are at a crossroads or just getting by or maybe you feel your magic is gone, which by the way I am not at any of these times in my life but I still felt really good after I watched the movie, so let me go on. To me the movie reminded me that you can't do it alone, you need good friends, co workers and just everyday people around you to make it work. If you are wondering what I mean by "it" I mean everyday life, but in the movie "it" is a toy store. SOOO with all this said I was very pleased I watched the movie, it was very different but sometimes different is good, and in my case today I just wish I hadn't waited so long to watch it. This is a movie I would recommend, just keep your mind in a magical state while watching it and you should feel as good as I did when it is over.

1 comment:

bunbun said...

Sounds like a really uplifting movie, esp. for anyone who gets burned out with their job, which I think would be anyone out there!
Thank you for the really sweet email! It made my day today! I didnt know you were stopping in Portland nxt Sun.! How exciting! I cant wait to see you, even if it is just for a little bit. We both really miss everyone. I have been so caught up lately with everything, and i really miss both of our families tremendously. So I really look forward to seeing you next weekend.
I don't believe we are going to make it to Joanna's wedding(from what casey says it is really hard for him to get time off right now), but I will have a gift to give you when you stop by for her. Do you know if she is registered anywhere?
I am about to start bloggin' again after this weekend, we are going camping, I am sooooooo excited! Did Casey give you our new #'s? Oh well, I will email them to you anyways. I guess this whole thing might as well been an email, but oh well!