Saturday, August 9, 2008

Post Cards from the Desert


This post card reminds me of the time we were in Portland on New Years Eve 1999, we were on the Max riding down town to ring in the new year with the kids. The train was packed and we were all dressed for a fun evening in the city! Just like this post card. Read on to find out more.










I have lived here in Central Oregon since the early 80's, I really didn't appreciate the desert until Glenn came into my life. He showed me another side of dirt and sage brush, I have since travelled through and around more of the Central Oregon desert then I could ever imagined. I have camped, explored, hiked, watched jets fly under the radar, and even got into a June Bug hatch. Glenn goes to the desert more then I do and when he goes without me he usually brings me home some treasure that he has found. I have received presents that he has restored or just gave me with the desert dirt still attached. There has been times when I was given bones or some hairy dead thing that I didn't except. I don't think I hurt his feelings it makes him laugh more then anything. But there also has been times when he brought me home a really good find. Take this box that was just laying in the dirt out in the middle of nowhere. I just love the postcards, I have not used them I just keep them in a drawer, so I can take them out every now and then just to look at them. I wonder if Glenn even remembers finding them? So the next time you are driving down the road and all you see is Central Oregon Desert, take a really good look around because you never know what you will find.








This is the box with all the cards.





These cards look like where someone has been. These cards are the "women" in the person that owned the box before me.















Faith and beyond!



Above left must be favorite actors, to the right is what I can see as their "rights".




To the left is the kid in all of us.



This card is one on my favorites on the back of the card it says, "THE MARRIAGE 1989", it looks like to me they are on a hill by the ocean and Dracula is performing a wedding?? So weird, I really like this one. I have added some cards to the box and who knows maybe some day I will have Glenn take me to where he found them in the desert and I will put the box back for someone else to enjoy like I have. In the mean time if you are ever over to my house and you want to see my box of desert cards please ask I just love to show them to people and listen to their responses to the cards.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, cool! You'll have to show me those sometime, I didn't know about them. What a great find! :)
By the way, did you know that it's possible for a baby to literally cry all. night. when teething molars? I didn't! Worst night ever. :)

bunbun said...

I have heard about these, but never actually gotten to see them! I will have to see them next time!
Anyways, I really like the one of the bunny hiking! Too cute!

Kelly Munns said...

i love this post! what a cool box to have...