Sunday, August 17, 2008

Summer Fun

When it is 100 degrees outside in the high desert, what do you do? If your Husband loves you enough he will put up misters high in the Juniper trees so you can sit under them and stay cool. My Husband is so wonderful to me.
The when the sun goes down you walk to Apple B's for a salad and a cold margarita. The heat during the day either has you under the misters or in the house so when we returned from dinner we decided to watch a movie in the backyard on the basketball court pad.
Here is Juniper our dog and Glenn watching Pirates of the Caribbean and enjoying a cold beer and popcorn.
The evening was perfect the temperature cooled down to about 85 degrees by the middle of the movie. I had a great time being at home during the day, walking to dinner, and having our own outdoor movie right in our backyard.

I don't get very many weekends off, so some time ago we planned this weekend to be a camping trip. Because of the high temperatures Glenn decided maybe we should stay home. I don't handle the heat as well as I use to and I really appreciate him thinking about that. The camping season for me is as short as my gardening season so I feel really bad that we did not get to go, we have such a good time when we camp but I know that our weekend home was just as fun.

My advice to you before winter: pick out a good movie, set up your laptop outside, get your ipod speakers some cold beer and pop some popcorn then just sit back and enjoy the show!

2 comments:

Kelly Munns said...

betty!! i saw glenn today at grandpa's and he sent me on a hunt to find your blog! it's so great to see what's going on with you guys and if it's ok with you i'll put you on my blog list. ok...just wanted to leave a quick note...back to snooping on your blog!! take care!

Betty said...

Hi Kelly, You are welcome on my blog anytime, as you will find out when you read through my blog it is mostly a diary of my daily life as a mom, working woman and most of all the wife of Glenn, ha ha!