Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dicentra

Dicentra formasa 'Zestful' aka Bleeding HeartPaler pinkish flowers, close to the wild type of Dicentra formosa. All grow easily in partial shade in good soil and flower all summer if kept moist.
This flower is approx. 10 years old, I have kept it in this pot and this is its best year so far. When I had this flower in Oregon City it did not do so well maybe it wasn't cold enough or to wet, I don't know. But this year WOW what beauty!
Reference: PERENNIALS by Roger Phillips & Martyn Rix

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love these! We had them in our backyard growing up so they always remind me of childhood. I noticed yours when we were over the other day!

bunbun said...

I love bleeding hearts! We have some on our side yard and they bloom mid spring, and seem to last a long time, t=yours are beautiful!