Sunday, June 8, 2008

swiss army creamer




While at the GI surplus store with my Husband, I saw 4 of these creamers, I think they are so cute, they said the creamer is Swiss military circa WWI/WWII porcelain coated steel with chips in the porcelain. This little creamer reminds me of the creamer or maybe it was a teacup on Beauty and the Beast. The military used this cup to cream their coffee but I am going to use them as a flower planter. Maybe you could look at this as reminiscent of the late 60's peace movement where flowers were planted in the tools of war. I wish I could paint something on the cup but I am not a painter. Hey maybe I could have my step daughter Amanda look at it and see if she can come up with something. The end result will be posted at a later date.


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't that cute! And at the surplus store of all places!

bunbun said...

I love it! Great score, and I love the character it has.
I love all white antiques.

I am so excited to see you, and I just found out that Grandma is coming, too! What a treat! It has been too long!

ashtekk said...

hi baby,

I really like it when you go to the GI surplus store with me... maybe we could go to the one in Damascus when we are in PDX? You never know what we might find there:)

Betty said...

I can't decide if I should have Glenn drill a small hole in the bottom of the creamer so it will become a planter, or should I just leave them alone. What do you all think?