Thursday, June 12, 2008

Indian Market in Chicago

Last week my Husband went to Chicago on business/training one of his classmates was of Eastern Indian descent. I was not there but I can guess the conversation went like this."I just loved the food in India when I was there in the 70's and I just love to cook with curry I wish I knew more about it". He tells me after a long conversation about curry spices she offers to take him to an Indian market in the city to pick out some items to bring home and cook with. These items below are what he brought home. Couldn't forget the Indian candy to the left, I looked at the ingredients and there is also curry in the candy!
Glenn's prep area while cooking with one of the spices and mixes he brought home, the meat on the plate is shrimp but you really can't tell. Notice the calculator, the measurements were very different they measure in grams, we still don't think we got it right.
The sauce was great, the different tastes in your mouth was unbelievable. Sorry the photo is blurry.
Dinner is ready! Shrimp curry with brown rice, bread (french, all we had at the time) to take the hot away in your mouth if you needed to. Berry's with a little whip cream and of course a Corona Light. For some reason I don't think this is how a true Indian dinner would go but Glenn you did a great job. Can't wait for the next dinner you create.
As a side note Glenn is in Nebraska this week I wonder who he will make fast friends with and bring home this time. I guess I will have to wait and see. I miss you Glenn!

1 comment:

ashtekk said...

hi baby,

Wow that was a nice looking dinner! I'll make another one this week.

It sure is nice to me home, I missed you:)