Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gnome searches for his Family!

When we moved back to Bend from the Portland, Oregon area, I was going to miss this very old Gnome that lived at the house we were renting. Little did I know my Husband ask the owners if he could take it to Bend to live. About a week after we arrived I started receiving post cards with these photos on them and the Gnome telling me he was trying to find us so he could live in our yard. This is a statue of a man, I can't remember his name, in down town Bend. This is the 1st card I got.
A few days later I received this card where the Gnome is in the park at Mirror Pond still in Bend. I received another card I am not posting of two girls posing with the Gnome that Glenn apparently asked them if they would poise with him, I did not post because I didn't know if that was a blogging no-no since I don't know the girls. Here the Gnome is on top of Pilot Butte over looking Bend, after this card I received 2 more and then he showed up at our house and found his spot in our back yard, just in time to join my Birthday party. The Gnome has moved with us to Redmond and keeps our back yard safe and sound, the Gnome is 100% solid cement and is very old and heavy. I can just see my Husband walking around Bend with this Gnome taking photo's. Do you think people talked about him and wondered what he was doing, I do.
Here our Gnome is during the 1st winter in Central Oregon, the snow went clear up to his eyes as you can see. I leave him out year around, because I am told they are not to happy indoors their place is in the yard year around. What do you think?

4 comments:

bunbun said...

I love the gnome! I love all the pretty lawn ornaments you have! That is so sweet and romantic of Glenn, and great photos of him, too!

I believe that he belongs outdoors for sure!


Also, I have to have Casey send you the photos tonight, I am not sure exactly how to do it!!!!

Amanda said...

I love this, Dad called me a couple times when he was doing that and I thought it was so funny! I am jealous of that gnome. Mine don't have nearly as much character. :) Off topic, you know how Dad always calls you baby Jo? I found a website with that name that I want to get a swimsuit from, just thought you'd think the name was funny. http://www.mybabyjo.com/swimwear.htm
Aren't those adorable? I think they'll be really flattering on too.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Ahhhh the gnome.... that was hilarious!!