Sunday, June 15, 2008

*Happy Father's Day*

Fathers!



This Photo is my Father John Joesph, I believe this photo was taken while he was in the Marines. Most people called my Dad by Joe, he was a wonderful provider for the family and a great role model. I learned so much about life from him, and of course I did not even realize it until much later. My Father was born in 1921, he is of a German Swiss descent. Dad passed away in July of 1998 after having a stroke 2 years earlier. Dad worked hard every day, and enjoyed his family around him. I couldn't of asked for a better Father, I miss him and think of him often in my every day life. Happy Father's Day DAD!

Joe and Marie, aka, Dad and Mom in Arizona in approx. 1996 After Dad retired from ranching/farming the both of them loved to spend the winters in Arizona. Mom still goes to Arizona each winter for about 3 months.
My Husband Glenn, is a wonderful FATHER to his 4 kids and also his 2 step kids. Glenn is very understanding and excepting of any Father I have ever known. He is a great role model, and enjoys being a FATHER. Happy Fathers Day to you Glenn!
Glenn just arrived back in Portland from Nebraska n business. He meant up with Casey, Holly, my om Marie and Myself at the Widmer Brewery in North Portland area.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish I could have met your Dad, Betty. Glenn (Dad) is a wonderful father! I am lucky to have such a great, supportive, caring dad.

Lisa said...

Happy Father's Day ashtekk! Betty, what a great set of pics of your dad!! I wish I could have met him. Hope you had a good trip home.

bunbun said...

That is such a great photo of Casey's grandpa. I love the one with Marie and him together as well, that giant cactus is so cool in the background!

Glenn looks really happy to see you in that pic, it's great!

Belle said...

Dont we have the Handsomest Dad ever! We are so lucky to have the Man Dad was for a Father.