Wednesday, June 18, 2008

visit to Portland

Marie (Mom) and I spent the day with Casey in Portland last week, what a wonderful day we had. My Mom is very fond of gardening/flowers and she really had a good time looking at Casey and Holly's yard, they have so many different types of plants growing, plants you never see in Central Oregon or in Eastern Washington where my Mom lives. Photo below is at Casey and Holly's house, Mom and Casey before we start the day. What a beautiful porch I can see why they spend so much time out there.
Yes I love Gnomes, and this one is especially cute!
We ate lunch at a 50's diner, I had a grilled cheese and ham sandwich, and I know I had some of these "45's" in the day.
Under St. Johns bridge, it was very big and beautiful the cars above have no idea what is below them.
I just love the go to Portland and spend the day with my Son, I am just sorry his wife Holly had to work and Glenn couldn't join us until later that night. Maybe next time we can all get together for the day, until then you two were missed that day.

2 comments:

Belle said...

Casey & Holly have a real cute house they are living in, I love the flowers. Did you know that the little dog planter Mom gave Casey & Holly came from the DeGoede Bulb Farm in Mossyrock, Mom & I picked it out last summer taking Mom home after Paul & Lauries Wedding.

Betty said...

No I did not know that about the dog. I don't think Mom remembers either, oh well what do you do, right. Casey and Hollys house is fixed up very nice. Mom liked seeing the photo of her and Dad standing in the cow pasture from years ago on Casey's living room wall. I fact I took a photo of her standing by it, she seemed pleased.